Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 21, 2020, 01:54:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
26 years ago the IGSW was formed.

Click here for information about future meetings.
482 Posts in 404 Topics by 91 Members
Latest Member: Eva00S5167
* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  IGSW Community
|-+  Genealogy
| |-+  Wisconsin Roots
| | |-+  Looking for Info on GGGGrandfather born in Watertown, Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Info on GGGGrandfather born in Watertown, Wisconsin  (Read 9645 times)
Kjswayne
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »

My 3x great grandfather was born between 1826-1830 in Watertown, Wisconsin.  His name was Alexander McNeal.  I know his father & mother were born in Ireland according to later census records.  Reading about the early history of Wisconsin I understand that many of the Wisconsin towns weren't even organized at his time.  It is possible his father was mining??  Not sure where to look to find any McNeal's in Wisconsin in the 1830s.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maureen Fallon
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 11:17:22 PM »

Hi,

Can't give you an exact answer as to where to search but here are some tips.  Watertown was settled by Irish and German farmers.  Some Irish Catholic records from the mid-1850's will be associated with Fox Lake, WI.  Other records from this period will be found in the St Luke's/St Peter's/St John's Cathedral records in Milwaukee.  This area was part of Father Kundig's mission.  If your family purchased land in this area for farming the purchase was recorded and available on the internet.  The Dodge County Jefferson County Genealogy Society in Watertown would be a good source for info.  The Watertown library has books on this period as well.
Kamhack

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 08:20:07 AM »

im looking for information on a mrs gladys rice she lived at 97 rennies mill rd in 1947.
i found an empty envelope with her name on it in a stamp collection and it has a place called kerton cottage. any info would be a great help
Kamhack

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 04:14:40 PM »

What abstract thinking

If you loved this write-up and you would like to obtain more information concerning How long is the alien isolation campaign  kindly stop by the internet site

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: