Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 13, 2020, 08:56:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
26 years ago the IGSW was formed.

Click here for information about future meetings.
506 Posts in 422 Topics by 119 Members
Latest Member: xslbeofe
* Home Help Calendar Login Register
+  IGSW Community
|-+  Genealogy
| |-+  Irish Roots
| | |-+  Steeple of Kenneth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steeple of Kenneth  (Read 2916 times)
Fest Question
« on: August 16, 2010, 10:16:31 AM »

A 2009 Fest visitor was seeking info on the 'Steeple of Kenneth'.   Their family bible had an entry saying ancesters were buried in Ireland at the "Steeple of Kenneth", but Internet searching for this place had led nowhere.  Where is the steeple of Kenneth?
kmooney
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »

This one took some networking and some luck.

Several Irish folk kindly responded to inquiries. 

One wrote : There's a tower near the village of Castletownkenneigh, West Cork. It's been a few years since I took a walk in there but I think there are graves there. It's a tower that's unique in this country, if not in Europe, as it has either an octagonal or hexagonal base which is quite rare AFAIK. Hope this is of some help.

And this from another: Hi there,  Joanne here. I live about a mile away from Kenneigh Round Tower., which is very likely the steeple of Kenneth. If you would like, I can pop over there and look for the headstone you spoke about.
The only problem is that many are illegible now. I'm willing to give it a go if you'd like though!
Joanne.

These two answers came back through completely different inquiry paths, and both seem to be talking about the same place.  So... if the seeker is still interested, please identify yourself! 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: